With national shortages of ADHD medication, it makes things difficult.
What to do:
- Call around to other pharmacies (on your medication due date) to find who will be able to fill your prescription.
- Contact us with the name and location of new pharmacy, including zip code (that’s how we find them in our system).
- If you can’t find it or don’t want to call around, next option is to change to a different medication.
- Say, “I’m calling to see if you can fill my prescription for (medication name & strength) (# amount).” If you don’t word it properly, they may say they can’t give you information about what they have in stock.
- Try grocery store pharmacies as well as mom and pop pharmacies.
- Remember, this shortage is stressful and frustrating for everyone involved.